03 July, 2009

When on Google Earth 63

Welcome to When on Google Earth is at Theoretical Structural archaeology for the first time in July, I guessed Heather's knotty WOGE 62 as Gordion in Turkey, I know I am meant to be cooking up something exciting to do with postholes, but its not quite done yet, so while away fixing that, this is something for you to identify, have fun:


Clue 2
. Clue 3

The Rules of When on Google Earth are as follows:
Q: What is When on Google Earth?A: It’s a game for archaeologists, or anybody else willing to have a go!
Q: How do you play it?
A: Simple, you try to identify the site in the picture.

Q: Who wins?
A: The first person to correctly identify the site, including its major period of occupation, wins the game!

Q: What does the winner get?
A: The winner gets bragging rights and the chance to host the next When on Google Earth on his/her own blog!

WOGE on facebook:
When on Google Earth has its own Facebook group.

9 comments:

Geoff Carter said...

I have added a wider shot of the site, I hope this helps.

Royal trader said...

nice. I've seen that in russia guys wrote bad words when satelite was coming over them

Geoff Carter said...

Thank you Royal Trader, good try, but that is not quite the answer I was looking for.

Geoff Carter said...

Well girls and boys, I have had to put up an unprecidented third clue.

CFeagans said...

Ahh... the third clue did it for me. The Chariot is has a four-spoke wheel with a Hoplite, so I was thinking 5th or 6th century BCE. Then I recognized it... the Vix Krater.

Vix, France; Hallstat period.

But surely someone else got it by now...

Geoff Carter said...

Congratulations!
C Feagans you are the only one who spotted Vix, France, and WIN.
I was suprised that nobody spotted it sooner - a week is a long in WOGE!
So it's over to you. . .

CFeagans said...

Okay! I've got a full day of work today but should have something up in a day or so. I'll post back here when I do.

Geoff Carter said...

Thats fine, I noticed you were up late last night! I woke up just as you got the answer - But my laptop crashed in shock!
Work Hard . .

CFeagans said...

Okay! WOGE 64 is up: http://ahotcupofjoe.net/2009/07/when-on-google-earth-64-woge-64/